Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Taunton

Arthur, speaking after his side's drawn game with Somerset at Taunton, believes Flintoff's inclusion will enhance the quality of the England side.But he also questioned whether England coach Peter Moores could risk playing him as a fully-fledged part of the bowling attack after his long lay-off and that he may have to be accommodated in the top six.Arthur said: "Flintoff certainly gives the England attack a different flavour because he has got that bustling pace. It will be tempting to play him if he is fighting fit."I wouldn't be surprised if he came straight back in. I think he is a quality, quality cricketer. I think Flintoff coming back strengthens England."But I wouldn't want to be selecting the side because I am not sure if you can bank on him coming straight back in and giving the amount of overs a Stuart Broad or a James Anderson would."So then he really has to take the place of one of the top six. That is what they have got to weigh up. I am not sure they will get the balance right there."But if I had a Flintoff, I'd have him back. It might be a gamble but Peter Moores knows what he is doing. He will assess things but when you've got a quality player like him available, you'll want to pick him."Arthur was pleased with the performance of his side at Taunton as Somerset ended on 115 for three after being set a nominal 482 in 46 overs.e said: "I think we have got everything we wanted. We

No comments: